2D Character Animation
All animators must learn to walk before they can run. In 2D Character Animation, industry expert George Maestri teaches the basic principles every animator must know to build a foundation for more complex work. These principles are relevant regardless of software used or animation style. George explains how good animation depends on a firm knowledge of the laws of motion, which inform the principles of animation. He teaches the basics of creating characters, squash and stretch, pose-to-pose animation, walking and running, track reading, and dialogue animation. He also shows how to use After Effects and Flash to apply the tools learned in the course. Exercise files accompany this course.
- Creating character joints that really work
- Building with the Puppet tool in After Effects
- Understanding internal versus external forces in movement
- Reading tracks and assigning mouth shapes for dialogue
- Setting up a scene in both After Effects and Flash